All you ever wanted (or may want) to know about the girls, the dresses, and the big day.

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Left Out

What Lori failed to write was a little shout out to herself - the lovely bride to be.

I have known Lori for much less time than most of the lovely bridesmaids. Still, it's been almost a decade (August of 1999) that I've known Lori. When I first laid eyes on Pickle Power, she was the alarmingly tall, distractingly attractive and unabashedly witty, volleyball girl that was always in her blue sweat pants and flip flops. This is not to say that Lori had poor style. She just spent a lot of time in the gym and sweat pants seem a lot easier to pull off and on than those Silver button down jeans she wore during the 'off season.'

Lori helped me prepare for my thesis defense in the carb-loaded Panera Bread Company. She let me sleep on her couch when my apartment burned down. And thanks to Jeremiah, she brought deep fried turkey into my life.

And through it all, she has always, yes always, had some queso waiting to be scarfed down by whatever social event we were hosting, co hosting, or attending.

I am only too proud to be walking with Lori down a path that will take her to the next stage of life - a lovely marriage with Jeremiah.

No comments: