All you ever wanted (or may want) to know about the girls, the dresses, and the big day.

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The Bridesmaids

I pretty much have the coolest bridal party ever. If you don't believe me, here is a little bit about each one of you, since some of you don't know each other.
Amanda Hines (Maid of Honor)


Amanda and I have known each other since middle school, and we really became close when we went to Spain together in high school. Amanda just "gets me," and, even though she's one of the most organized people I know, she doesn't ever make fun of my not-so-organized nature. I dig that.

As you can see, Amanda is dedicated to keeping Jeremiah's sweet dance moves honed for me. Aside from being such a smooth operator, Amanda has three years of teaching 6th graders under her belt. She is now working toward her Masters in Education Policy and Management at Harvard University.

She'll complete her degree in May, leaving her four months to focus exclusively on me and the wedding. Lucky girl.


Jennifer ("Jen") Clymer


Jen and I have known each other since forever, I think, but we really bonded when we lived down the street from each other in D.C. after college. She made what could have been a really hard transition to a new city seem easy, and she was always ready and willing to get her groove (and her drink) on with me. Good times.

Jen lives in Austin with her new husband, Eric (who is also in the wedding party). Eric and I know each other from college, and the two of them met when we were all in D.C.

I have always admired Jen for her dedication to her work and her cause. She is going to lead the movement toward making Austin the cleanest-air city on the planet. Seriously, you should all come visit in 2027 just to take a breath.

Amy ("Hyman") Hyman


I don't even know where to start with Amy Hyman. We met for the first time at a volleyball tournament, played club v-ball together for four years, and then played together through college.

Amy has stayed with me through my best and worst times. She is a truly kind, truly unique person, and everyone I have ever known that knows her loves her and smiles when her name comes up. That's impressive.

Amy lives in Austin and is a student at the LBJ School of Public Affairs.

Elaine Luttrull


Elaine and I have been friends since high school. She is best known for her intense love of strippers. No, this picture is from her bachelorette party, and she says she didn't even like it. Right.

Elaine lives in New York with her husband, Dr. Michael Luttrull. She is a senior financial analyst at the Juilliard School.

I believe we each marvel at the other, since we are different in about every way possible. She's "got it together," I'm "eccentric"; she's tactful, I'm "eccentric"; she doesn't appreciate lap dances, I'm "eccentric."

Shannon Moore


Shannon and I met in Kindergarten (or so we've been told), then she moved away for a few years. We were reunited in 6th grade and became fast friends.

Shannon and I not only braved middle and high school together, we also shared a bunk every summer at Camp Longhorn. Shannon is absolutely her own person, she's loads of fun, and she makes kick ass desserts. She also one of most compassionate people I know.

Shannon lives in New York, but we Austinites are campaigning to get her back here at home soon. She works in fundraising for non-profits, having escaped from the grips of her computer science and engineering days at Duke.


Dorie Pickle

Dorie is the coolest sister-in-law ever, and she's a great friend. She and my brother, Ben, started dating when I was 16, so she's been around for a lot of my phases and seems to love me anyway.

Despite growing up in Amarillo, Dorie has an excellent sense of humor and can even hold her own with the likes of my dad. She is also the only one among us with the distinction of being a mom--to the cutest kid ever, at that. Click here to see for yourself; you won't be disappointed.

Dorie and Ben (also in the wedding party) own their own web design business and are both even more devoted Austinites than Jeremiah and I.

Georgia Sheridan


Georgia is just plain cool. She's both artistic and analytical, not to mention smart enough not to go to law school. Georgia and I met when we were in the same freshman dorm in college, then we got more quality time when we were next door neighbors in D.C.

Georgia is crazy good at being a friend, and she throws a kick ass party. I have always loved that she understands the value of getting friends together. She made me feel like I had a family in D.C., and that was priceless to me.

Georgia is currently in the final months of getting her Masters in Urban Planning from UCLA. There is also a chance we might get Miss GA here in Austin sometime soon. Hope against hope.

Natalie(Nat/Nattie) Sirianni


Natalie was a junior on the Emory Volleyball team when Amy and I started there, and she was my big sister in our sorority. Yes, I was in a sorority, kind of.

Nat is incredibly silly and has no idea that every guy who has ever hung out with her is totally in love with her. She lived down the street from me in D.C. when I first moved there, and she ignored how messy my apartment was to come over and watch Sex and the City with me.

Nat lives in Orlando with her husband Rob and two very cute black labs named Glory and Dodge. She works in Communications for Epcot Center. I like to imagine that she wears Mickey Mouse ears to work everyday.

No comments: